Mar 12, 2014

Happy Dance

I wanted to share since last week but life has been just so busy...I am very proud and so happy some of my work has been chosen to be included into the Surface Pattern Design Guide by UPPERCASE magazine.

Cover Design by Jan Avellana

This is such an honour. UPPERCASE is my favourite and most inspiring magazine. It is around for five years now and is published, edited and designed by Janine Vangool from Calgary/Canada.


UPPERCASE issue #21, cover by Molly Hatch

The Surface Pattern Design Guide is part of the upcoming issue no. 21 which is currently at the printers and will be out in early April. There will be also a free digital version of the guide released right before Surtex/New York by mid of May 2014.

I do not know yet which of my designs have been chosen, so I can not give you a sneak peek at the moment. But I can reassure you this Surface Pattern Design Guide will be pure eye candy with designs from a lot of talented designers. Can't wait...

If you would like to subscribe to UPPERCASE magazine you can use this discount code "USPDG2014", it is good for $15 off a subscription.

Janine made a great video showing a lot of beautiful designs and giving some great advice.








I will keep doing my "happy dance" now with the help of music from Pharell Williams ;)
Maybe you have something to celebrate as well...?

Happy Thursday !

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Maike! This is fantastic news and well deserved. I can't wait to see the magazine and find out which designs are featured. Enjoy your happy dance :-)

    ReplyDelete